CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

#4 The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree

So.  Everytime the subject of BYU comes up at our house back in the big ol' desert, our parents take us on a trip down memory lane.

Without fail, three subjects ALWAYS come up.

1) The rock next to the apartment in Provo that I took my "one year old" pictures on.
2) The jewlers my dad used to work at

and finally-

3) The fact that when my mom lived in DT, for dinner, she would order crazy bread from little ceasers.  That's it.  (Which is why she never bought it for us as children! We were deprived.)

But anyways, two weeks after classes started again I had a craving for some pizza.  So I decided in honor of my mom and all of those nights in which she ordered breadsticks, and all of those hours of my life I spent listening to the story over...and over...and over...that I would walk a MILE (ok.  maybe it was three fourths of a mile.  Close enough.  It's a looong walk for breadsticks) to buy some Little Caesers breadsticks.


I should probably mention, that the night before, in true Menden fashion, I had chips and salsa for dinner.

My parents should be very proud.  :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh you LOVE walking down MEMORY lane!! Are those the only stories we've shared?? I've been slacking. Don't forget that after my DT year I lived on Granny Smith apples and popcorn :). I don't recommend it though. Anyway, hurray for breadsticks and college food :)

MalGal said...

When Max saw that picture he said, and I quote, "Whoa, Dess. MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! DESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" he was trying to get you out of the computer screen. Awwwwww...

Post a Comment